10/14/09

Costume Closet 12: The Ghost With the Most Makeup


This pale Victorian spectre was mainly an excuse for me to test out the Ben Nye clown white makeup, which actually gives pretty good coverage without using too much of it. The texture is decent, too, although I haven't quite got the hang of making it look smooth. This was just one layer, intended to give a slightly ghostly cast. (Why no, I wasn't too lazy to cover the rest of my skin...)

The dress is a Victorian bodice, skirt and petticoat I made a few years ago using historically accurate patterns from Truly Victorian (the gothy burgundy and black polyester I used is not so historically accurate.) I also have made corsets from their excellent patterns, but can't wear 'em anymore so I tried to fake the shape a little here.

Picture of the rest of the dress after the jump.




No comments:

Post a Comment