10/16/09

Pumpkin Life: Day 14



This pumpkin/gourd had a few people helping with the ideas. I was going to make a pac man ghost with the pumpkin at first, but my mother insisted that it had to be Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean (though she couldn't actually remember his name). I still wasn't completely sold, but Michelle agreed that it could be cool and so I did it. It's all done with acrylics, and took me a bit of getting used to the technique.

The hat was totally my idea. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing. Davy Jones needed a hat and I didn't really know how I could make a hat like from the movies. So I went all old school and did a newspaper pirate hat instead. I think the result is pretty hilarious.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you wrote that last sentence because I laughed when I saw the pumpkin before I read the post.

    ReplyDelete