10/5/09

I like my Halloween movies soft...with a spoon in them

I'm a lot more into the campy fun movies than horror when it comes to Halloween, so my tastes may be slightly suspect. Classic horror? Sure. I'm into The Bride of Frankenstein, Dracula and Lon Chaney stuff as much as anyone. Maybe I'm just more attracted by the occult aspect than the blood and zombies. For some reason, though, I never seem to end up watching any sort of horror movies around Halloween. The usual suspects?

90's teen occult movies: The Craft, Practical Magic (okay maybe that's not so much a teen movie), Buffy the Vampire Slayer

90's family movies: Hocus Pocus, Double Double Toil and Trouble (oh shush), The Addams Family & sequel, emphatically NOT Halloween Town...

Older movies: Elvira, Disney's The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (the ending is full of nightmare fuel), It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown

Movies I don't own but would totally add: Clue, Bell, Book and Candle, Beetlejuice, The Witches, The Worst Witch.

Pfft, this is an awesome list, I don't care what anyone else says.

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't have to be gory to be fun right? My tastes tend to run the gamut, but as much as I appreciate the harder stuff, I also have a place in my heard for stuff like The Monster Squad or The Monster Club for that matter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny that you mention The Monster Squad; that one has been recommended to me several times in the past few days. Can't wait to look into it.

    ReplyDelete