10/19/09

Costume Closet 17: Old Hollywood


(This is what the hair looked like when I took the pins and wave clips out--after nine hours, ha!)

So here we have a bit of old Hollywood glamor that's a little more 1920s than anything else. The dress came from Windsor, I think, and I bought it for a costume party a while back (did not do such awesome hair and makeup then, though.) The makeup is really quite heavy--lots of eyeliner and gray/green shadow, baby pink blush, thin eyebrows, and a Cupid's bow mouth that exaggerates the poutiness.

Closeup of the makeup and hair after the jump, along with some hilarious pictures of the hair brushed out (for the look of a few decades later...)

Makeup closeup (this look really illustrates how crooked my face is, haha):



The hair brushed out and looking crazy (my sister says it's more drunk):






Yeah, I was cracking up over it.


1 comment:

  1. So I really like this one. I enjoy the era and glad you did a piece on it.

    ReplyDelete