10/8/09

I demand more Halloween from TV this year

One thing I've noticed that TV shows don't really do anymore are holiday episodes--if anything, they do a Christmas or winter-themed show, but that's about it. (Or at least they don't do GOOD Halloween episodes anymore. I've definitely seen some clunkers in recent years.) A few past favorites:

Roseanne: all of the Halloween episodes, even the crazy Absolutely Fabulous crossover. I loved hearing Roseanne in the DVD commentary talking about how no one did Halloween on TV at the time because it offended people (and how stupid she thought it was.) My favorite is a tie between the one where she's trying to outprank odious neighbor Kathy, and the original haunted house episode. Man, the costumes were always ace on this show.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Season 2: ("Halloween") Heck, this whole show is about vampires, and they still did a Halloween episode. That's joy, right there.

Xena, Season 2: ("Girls Just Wanna Have Fun") Just for the fact that it's Xena, a show that does not take itself seriously at ALL.

I mean, I'm not looking for a show like Lost to do a theme episode--although it would be hilarious. The sitcoms, they have no excuse for being so dull. Even reality shows do Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. How true. TV is horrible when it comes to Halloween. I love your blog and am visiting everyday this month. Stop by Haven Haunt for a visit

    ReplyDelete