10/25/09

Costume Closet 19: All Washed Up


Here is a second type of pirate, this time using my own costume. Originally, I wanted it too look like I'd been in some sort of gunfight or shipwrecked. I did some degree of distressing on the clothes to make them look worn, although I'd probably do a bit more now for a stronger effect.

This costume was made at the same time as the other pirate outfit for a Renaissance faire. It was definitely one of the worst sewing projects ever, since I had to make 3 costumes in a fairly short period of time (and made some hilariously bad mistakes at the last minute. My personal favorite was me altering the trouser pattern to better fit a female body, then forgetting to change the pattern back when I had to make one for a guy. Haha oops.)

No comments:

Post a Comment